Friday, July 12, 2013

Candid

"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art." Eleanor Roosevelt
My Uncle Paul took this photo of my Grandmother at a recent family wedding. It's one of my favorites.

My Grandmother is a very practical and sensible woman. She's strong, reliable, kind, optimistic and has an incredible testimony and faith.

My Grandfather and her are still so vigorous and full of love for the people around them -they haven't forgotten how to have a good time either.

That's what makes the picture so great, her smile and her laughter :)

We're all more than the faces we see in the mirror, or our bodies. So much personality is dynamic, caught in our mannerism, routines and words. It's beautiful when a photograph can contradict its stagnant nature by capturing our dynamism.

I think we call it 'candid'


No comments:

Post a Comment